Instagram

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Mother's Day + Happy 1st Church Wedding Anniversary + Happy Fiesta (Carabao Festival in Pulilan, Bulacan)

Me and Mom on my Wedding Day


Happy Mother's Day. No words can describe how thankful I am for having a Mom like you.

Thank you so much for always being there for us and for the unconditional love. We love you so much!
We celebrated the Mother's Day at my parents. We went there to greet my mother, aunts, and my grandmother.We slept there and the other day we went home but before we go home, we bought a cherry pad as our anniversary gift ( Yes! It's our 1st Anniversary) , then we went to my officemate's house for fiesta celebration. How I love to eat.. I don't want to just ignore an invitation particularly if it is eating to the max time. Lol! I ate a lot. The usual pork dish was present, I think it was sweet ham, fried chicken, shanghai rolls and the desert coffee jelly with cheese and salad. Wow! Burp! Burp! Burp! Happy Fiesta! Me and my husband didn't prepare any food at home or eat out because we are in "thrifty" mode, feast day time really in good timing, it saved us from spending money. Oh no! We spent money for the tablet but it was planned, so it's okay.
Me and Queen on Mother's Day -2nd day


Two days celebration of Mother's day because we didn't have a photo together even with my husband. I forgot.Grrr... The photo was taken at Robinsons Pulilan wherein there's a carabao exhibit, made with I  think used newspapers and they painted it. My Queen was amazed at the carabaos, she's pointing out on them.

Motherhood taught me a lot of things. I became a strong woman when it comes to dealing with problems and dealing with the super stubborn baby. I've learned that when you became a mother you'll have to endure with what's life has to offer. 
Happy Mother's Day to me and to all Moms out there!
May we continue to be strong, stay young and beautiful.
DSC05276.jpg DSC05276
DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
Queen riding in a kiddie carousel
Only Queen got some shots because her Daddy was negotiating with the saleslady of Cherry Mobile shop while me taking care of the Queen.


Here are the photos and videos I've taken from the parade of kneeling Carabao Festival, but I'm sorry I haven't got the chance to take shots of actual kneeling Carabao, you know it's so quick.  It's kinda hard for me to take photos that time because I held so heavy stuff in my other hand.
It was my first time to witnessed and watched the kneeling carabao or water buffalos that were celebrated on the feast day of San Isidro Labrador (St. Isidore the worker), the farmer's Patron Saint.
The towns people celebrate this occasion every May 14-15 in glorious thanksgiving for a year-long bountiful harvest. It is manifested by a two-day celebration where one can witness street dancing and a procession of more than twenty beautifully decorated carabaos or should I say more than 100 carabaos are joining the parade. A variety of multi-colored fruits, vegetables, flowers, candies and other food crops are hung on bamboo poles and carts. These carts, pulled by the carabaos serves as floats. The floats were advertising. The affairs were highlighted by kneeling of carabaos in front of the church. 
DSC05274.jpg DSC05274

 float
DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
Shop Right float
DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
Talk `N Text float with Arci Muñoz (an actress of TV 5)


DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
talk`N text band
DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
Jollibee float with the mascot
Queen was really fond of Jollibee since she saw it. When we passed by at the Jollibee drive-thru, Pulilan last sunday, she's yelling and pointing it while on our way to my parents via jeepney. I'm happy to see her recognizing things. She can easily memorize and I hope she'll grow smart as she can be.

DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
The carabao festival parade was also filled with different bands, lyre, drum, and bugle.
DSC05274.jpg DSC05274
 The carabao or water buffalo is the national animal of the Philippines.These animals are very important for farmers because they help till the land. 
I saw different sizes and shapes of carabaos, different style of their horns and different colors, there's light brown, brown and black. I'm nervous that time because I can't get out of my mind the possibility that one of the carabaos might ran amok. But I'm happy that I'm with my family viewing the festival. Thanks God there's no accident like before. 

2 comments:

  1. aww happy anniversary and happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's day, too.. Thanks for visiting my trying hard blog.. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

A Christmas party well “dasurved” by everyone

Taiwan Excellence believes that Filipinos are among those who throw the best parties during the Christmas season, where the holiday season i...